News and Events
News and Events at The Naviaux Lab
News and Events
- February 24, 2017—Talk on “Metabolomics and Exosome Biology for the Diagnosis and Monitoring of Complex Chronic Disease”, Apheresis Therapies Conference, San Diego Marriott, Mission Valley, San Diego, CA
- April 12, 2017—Lecture on “New hope for autism treatment: Antipurinergic therapy from the bench to the bedside”, UCSD International Student curriculum, La Jolla, CA
- April 20-23, 2017—Autism Research Institute Think Tank annual meeting, Dallas Fort Worth Airport Marriott Hotel, Dallas, TX
- May 9 and 11, 2017—Lecture and journal discussion on “Mitochondrial Disease Genetics”, BIOM252, UCSD Biomedical Sciences curriculum, La Jolla, CA
- May 12-13, 2017—Abstract presentation on “Autism, Genes, Environment, Mitochondria, and the Cell Danger Response—Unifying the pathogenesis of a complex disease”, at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR), Marriott Marquis Hotel, San Francisco, CA
- May 20, 2017—UCSD Mito 5K Walk ‘n Roll Tropical Run, NTC Park at Liberty Station in Point Loma, San Diego, CA
- June 28-July 2, 2017—United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF) Annual meeting, Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, Alexandria, VA
- September 4-8, 2017—Talk on “One gene, many faces—the many phenotypes of POLG disease”, International Congress on Inborn Errors of Metabolism (ICIEM), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- September 10, 2017—19th Annual UCSD Christini Fund Gala Dinner
- November 3, 2016—La Jolla, CA. The Autism Tree Project Symposium. Purinergic signaling and the cell danger response—working toward a unifying theory of autism.
- October 8, 2016—San Diego, CA. American Academy of Environmental Medicine, The role of mitochondria in health and disease—the cell danger response.
- September 25, 2016—La Jolla, CA. The UCSD Christini Fund Annual Gala Dinner.
- September 17, 2016—Wilton, CT. Fireside Chat hosted by Nancy O’Hara, MD, with families about the UCSD suramin trial.
- September 15, 2016—Boston, MA. Autism Research Institute dinner.
- August 29, 2016. Paper on the metabolic features of chronic fatigue syndrome published in
- July 18, 2016—Seattle, WA. Annual meeting of the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation. Presentation on “Adagio and Allegro—the natural tempo of mitochondrial function in health, disease, and healing”.
- July 1, 2016—San Diego, CA. Official start of the North American CFS metabolomics validation study funded by the Open Medicine Foundation (OMF).
- April 1-3, 2016—Dallas, TX. Autism Research Institute think tank meeting.
- March 2, 2016—La Jolla, CA. Completion of the first UCSD autism suramin treatment clinical trial.